Works in conjunction with Food & Beverage personnel as well as venue managers to develop and establish sales goals, analyze results, and track performance. Responsibilities also include the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures, departmental sales goals and operating budgets, as well as controlling variable expenses.
Maintains or exceeds budgeted sales and profits in all catering areas. Develops and implements effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues. Some evening work and weekend work may be required.
- 2 years minimum catering experience
- Basic food and wine knowledge
- Experience handling group business such as rooming lists, meeting room blocks, booking audio/visual equipment etc.
- Previous experience in Delphi, Envision or a similar program.
- Experience in monitoring and managing a team.
- Ability to read and analyze a financial statement.
- Experience evaluating each piece of catering business to ensure business can be properly serviced.
- Ability to review all contracted services to assure proper contribution to profits.
- Ability to understand the role that market fluctuations have on up-selling opportunities.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Less